Mr. Forbes has a particular focus on the background to the case of Melbourne Stadiums in his presentation, detailing:
- the facts;
- the litigation background;
- the grounds of appeal and contentions;
- the appeal decision regarding the summary dismissal;
- the application of the “Shepherd v Felt” principles; and
- costs and the operation of s 570 Fair Work Act
Dr. Lambropoulos centres her presentation on dismissal and employment contracts. She examines whether there is another test or standard by which the employees conduct may be evaluated against. Dr. Lambropoulos also examines the case of Rankin v Marine Power International Pty Ltd (2001) 107 IR 117, which concerned summary dismissal of employees.