In 2010 Stewart Maiden undertook study to qualify as a Fellow of INSOL International. INSOL International is a worldwide organisation of insolvency lawyers and accountants with over 9,000 members and approximately 100 Fellows.
Discussion points in this Q&A Session include:
• Cross border insolvency law and why is it important?
• Questions of jurisdictional diversity
• Modified universalism
• The UNCITRAL Model Law on cross-border insolvency
• Foreign proceedings
• Foreign main proceedings
• Foreign non-main proceedings
• Centre of main interests; where directors reside, where decisions are made, where employees work, where assets are physically located