In this Q&A Session, Wendy Harris QC discusses the Tabcorp and Tatts litigation: Statutory Claims and Construction of Contract.
Discussion points include:
- What is the background to these cases?
- What happened before they got to the High Court?
- What were the key issues in the cases?
- What are the issues of interest in each case?
- Statutory claims & interpretations
- Principles of redundancy & illegality
- Contract construction
- Intersection of contract & statute, and contract and statutory rights
- What are the key issues left for decision in future cases?